Foster Home Agreement
Paws Unlimited Foundation
I, ___ _________________________, agree to act as a Foster Home for Paws Unlimited for the
following dog: (name) ______________ (breed), _ __ (sex), __ ____ (age)_______.
The following conditions apply to fostering a Paws Unlimited dog.
1. The animal(s) will remain the property of Paws Unlimited and will be turned over immediately upon request to a member of Paws Unlimited.
2. The animal(s) will be kept in the house of the foster home and will not be allowed off-leash in an unfenced area unless accompanied by and in the secure control of an adult.
3. (Check one) Veterinary care and food:
A. ___ This dog is being fostered with the intention of possible adoption. Food will be provided by the foster family. Veterinary care will be provided by the foster family and, if there is an eventual adoption, those costs will not be reimbursed by Paws Unlimited without specific, express agreement. If the dog is returned to Paws Unlimited, the cost of reasonable and necessary veterinary care will be reimbursed at the time of return. If you wish to assure that an expense will qualify for reimbursement, obtain authorization from a Paws Unlimited representative.
PLEASE NOTE: Paws Unlimited should retain a copy of all medical records for the dog. Any medical records must be sent to Paws Unlimited as soon as available.
B. ___ Adoption of this dog by the foster home is not contemplated. Food will be provided for the foster family and veterinary costs will be paid for by Paws Unlimited (or reimbursed if provided by a non-cooperating veterinarian), but the foster family must receive prior approval before obtaining such services except in emergency situations. In a true emergency, the foster family is authorized to sign for and consent to all reasonable and necessary veterinary procedures and this contract is proof of such authority.
C. ___ This will be a multiple foster home. Adoption of this dog by the foster home is not contemplated. Food will be provided by the foster family and, as defined below, the cost of such food and other ordinary needs will be reimbursed by Paws Unlimited Veterinary costs will be paid for by Paws Unlimited (or reimbursed if provided by a non-cooperating veterinarian), but the foster family must receive prior approval before obtaining such services except in emergency situations. In a true emergency, the foster family is authorized to sign for and consent to all reasonable and necessary veterinary procedures and this contract is proof of such authority. Following is the allocation between you and us (Paws Unlimited ) of the other costs and expenses, which are necessary to care for the Dog(s):
4. ____ (check if appropriate). A crate belonging to Paws Unlimited has been loaned to the foster home and will be returned when the dog is returned or adopted. Failure to return the crate will result in a charge of $100.
5. If provided with a Paws Unlimited identification tag, this tag will remain affixed to the
animal(s) collar at all times.
6. The animal(s) will be adopted to a permanent home only under the supervision of Paws Unlimited to a family pre-approved by Paws Unlimited . Adoptive families may be contacted occasionally by the foster family to inquire about the animal(s), as long as the adoptive families are accorded respect and privacy.
7. All donations received in connection with the placement of the animal(s) will be sent directly to Paws Unlimited.
8. The foster family agrees to provide accurate information to prospective adoptive families, if requested to do so, and, when possible and convenient, to allow prospective adoptive families to visit the animal(s) at the foster family's home unless other agreements have been made.
9. Any questions or problems are to be directed to Paws Unlimited officers, and notice of any injury, illness or other emergency will be given immediately. If it is necessary to remove the animal(s) from the home, possession will be given directly to an officer of Paws Unlimited.
10. Paws Unlimited and its officers are not responsible for injuries to people or pets, or for property loss or damage. The foster family will accept responsibility for any events that occur while fostering the animal(s).
11. The foster family will contact the designated officer of Paws Unlimited at regular intervals to report on the status of the dog.
12.Any expenditure beyond food, approved medical treatment, and worming require approval of an officer of Paws Unlimited . The foster family may be responsible for unapproved expenditures (see section 3[a] or 3[b]). 13.If Paws Unlimited is unable to have the dog altered prior to the foster placement, the foster family agrees it will be neutered or spayed on or before _______________ with cost to be borne by Paws Unlimited foster family must keep backyard gates latched at all time, to ensure the dog does not open the latch from the inside.
15. Dog must not be unattended at any time when outside. This includes a fenced in area or backyard. In addition the dog must NOT be off leash in public places at any time.
16. Dog must not be walked in public by anyone other then her foster family, family members must be over the age of 18.
17. Dog must be walked in public with 2 leashes at all times.
18. Foster family must have a crate available for the dog. The initial adjustment period can be very stressful on dog & a crate provides a safe and secure place for the dog to go. It also allows the dog time to adapt to their new surrounding. If foster family does not have a crate, one can be provided by the rescue.
19. Foster family must supervise interaction between the dog and children at all times. Children are not allowed to remove food or toys from the dog’s possession.
Signed: ___________________________________ Phone: _____________
Witnessed: ________________________________ Date: _______________
on behalf of Paws Unlimited